Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 5 minutes.
— 10 x 200 grams smoked haddock
— 2 liters milk
— 2 liters water
(1) Remove fins and tail with scissors.
(2) Place the prepared haddock into a shallow sided saucepan and cover with the milk and water.
(3) Bring to the boil and gently simmer for the prescribed time.
(4) Dress in an earthenware dish and remove the centre bone. Serve with a little of the cooking liquid.
(1) Smoked coley may be substituted for haddock and cooked in exactly the same way.
(2) Milk may be used on its own instead of a combination of milk and water.