Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 15-20 minutes.
— 1 kg carrots
— 6 grams salt
— 20 grams sugar
— 50 grams butter
— ¾ liters water
(1) Place the carrots into a shallow sided saucepan and barely cover with cold water. Add the salt, sugar and place knobs of butter on top.
(2) Cover with a lid and allow to boil until almost cooked.
(3) Remove the lid, continue to boil until the liquid has evaporated leaving a syrupy glaze over the carrots.
(4) Lightly toss the carrots to ensure that the vegetables are coated with the glazing liquid.
(3) Serve slightly dome shape in a vegetable dish.