Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 1 hour. Oven temperature: 180°C.
— 3 x 1½ kg jointed chicken
— 2 dl oil
— 2 dl sherry wine vinegar
— salt and freshly ground pepper
— 5 cloves garlic
— ½ liter Chicken Stock
— ½ liter double cream
— 150 grams carrots
— 100 grams cucumber or courgette
— 20 grams butter
(1) Heat the oil in a shallow sided pan.
(2) Season the chicken pieces and shallow fry until golden on all sides.
(3) Pour off the excess oil and sprinkle about half the vinegar over the chicken. Add the cloves of garlic, cover with a lid and allow to cook rather slowly either over a very low heat or in the oven.
(4) Check the chicken every 5 to 10 minutes and sprinkle with a little more vinegar.
(5) When cooked, remove the chicken and keep them warm. Remove and discard the garlic.
(6) Add the chicken stock to the pan in which the chicken has been cooked. Boil and reduce by half.
(7) Add the cream, boil and reduce until a light coating consistency.
(8) Strain the sauce into a clean pan. Reboil and season to taste.
(9) Pour the sauce onto the center of each plate, neatly arrange the chicken portions and garnish with the vegetables previously tossed in butter.
(1) Additional sherry wine vinegar may be added to the completed sauce if so desired.
(2) The completed sauce may be enriched by adding 50 g firm butter at the last moment.
(3) If desired the chicken may be served on a bed of savor Braised Rice.