Makes: 12 portions. Cooking time: 2 hours including sauce. Oven temperature: 180°C. Temperature at center of legs: 80°C.
— 4 x 1½ kg pot roasted pheasant
— 6 dl veal velouté
— 2 dl cream
— 12 x 50 grams garnished portions of braised celery
— 10 grams meat glaze
(1) Once cooked, remove the pheasant and retain in a warm place.
(2) Remove the vegetables and fat from the pan in which the pheasants were cooked. Add the veal velouté, cream and meat glaze. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes.
(3) Strain the sauce through a fine conical strainer into a clean saucepan. Reboil, season to taste and if necessary adjust the consistency which should be sufficient to coat the pheasants.
(4) Carve the pheasant into portions. Serve neatly arranged on a flat oval dish and place in between the garnish of braised celery. Coat completely with the sauce and serve.
(1) When straining the sauce a muslin cloth is preferable to a conical strainer.
(2) The color of the sauce should be light coffee.