Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 5 minutes. Oven temperature: 180 °C.
— 10 x 100 grams Prepared Tomatoes
— 250 grams Duxelles Mixture (garlic optional)
— 20 grams white breadcrumbs
— 1 dl Jus Lié or Demi-glace
— 2 grams finely chopped parsley
— 25 grams melted butter
— sprig of parsley
(1) To the duxelles mixture add the breadcrumbs, jus lié or demi-glace and chopped parsley, and season to taste.
(2) Fill the tomatoes with the mixture slightly dome shape; mark trellis fashion with the edge of a palette knife, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and melted butter, and replace the tomato lids.
(3) Place the tomatoes onto a previously buttered baking tray, season with salt, brush with melted butter and place in the oven to gratinate.
(4) Serve in a vegetable dish garnished with sprigs of parsley.
(1) The filling should be moist, therefore adjust accordingly with either breadcrumbs if too soft and sauce if too firm.
(2) Use a piping bag with plain 2 cm tube for filling the tomatoes.
(3) The filling outlined in Tomatoes Provençale may be substituted for the duxelles mixture filling.