Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 30 minutes. Oven temperature: 180°C.
— 5 x 150 grams Prepared Eggplants
— 1 dl oil
— 250 grams Duxelles Mixture (garlic optional)
— 150 grams Tomato Concassée
— 5 grams finely chopped parsley
— salt and pepper
— 50 grams white breadcrumbs
— 25 grams melted butter
— 3 dl Jus Lié or Demi-glace
(1) Place the prepared eggplant onto a previously oiled baking tray, sprinkle with oil and cook in the oven until the centre of the vegetable is soft.
(2) Remove the center pulp from the egg plant with a spoon, place onto a cutting board and chop with a large knife.
(3) Add the pulp to the hot duxelles mixture followed by the tomato concassée and parsley. Season to taste.
(4) Fill the halves of the eggplant with the filling slightly dome shape and mark trellis fashion with the edge of a palette knife.
(5) Replace onto the baking tray, sprinkle the surface of the vegetables with breadcrumbs and melted butter and place into the oven to gratinate.
(6) Serve in a vegetable dish surrounded with either jus lié or demi-glace.