Makes: 1 liter. Cooking Time: 1 hour
100 g butter
100 g finely chopped onions
1 clove garlic
30 g curry powder
30 g flour
50 g tomato puree
1 liter white stock
30 g finely chopped chutney
50 g finely diced apple
30 g tomato concassee
10 g desiccated coconut
1/2 dl cream (optional)
(1) Melt the butter in a deep saucepan. Add the chopped onions and garlic and lightly colour.
(2) Add the flour and curry powder and make a second stage roux. Add the tomato purée and allow to cool slightly.
(3) Add the stock and allow to boil. Skim, then add the remaining ingredients. Allow to simmer gently for approximately 45 minutes, skimming as necessary.
(4) Season to taste and correct the consistency.
(5) Complete, if desired, with the cream at the last moment.
If desired this sauce may be puréed, in which case it should be reboiled and may be completed with cream.