Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 10 minutes.
— 1 kg chicken livers (gall bladder removed, cut in halves and trimmed)
— ½ dl oil
— 250 grams streaky bacon ½ cm thick cut into 3 cm squares
— 40 grilling mushrooms shallow fried until almost cooked
— 75 grams white breadcrumbs
— ½ dl melted butter
— 2 bunches picked watercress
(1) Heat a thick bottomed pan and add the oil to a depth of not more than 5 mm.
(2) Season and add the liver pieces. Quickly shallow fry them, keeping them on the underdone side. Drain in a colander.
(3) Arrange the pieces of chicken livers, bacon and mushrooms on a skewer in that order, each skewer containing sufficient for one portion.
(4) Grill the skewered items until light golden in color.
(5) Arrange on a shallow grilling tray, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and melted butter and place under a salamander grill until the breadcrumbs are golden.
(6) Serve on a flat oval dish garnished with watercress.