Makes: 12 portions. Cooking time: 1 hour.
— 3 x 1½ kg jointed chicken
— 50 grams curry powder
— crushed sage
— 2 dl melted butter
— 6 dl orange juice
— 3 avocado pears (scooped into balls)
— 200 grams chicken livers
— ½ dl butter
(1) Heat the butter in a shallow sided pan.
(2) Season the chicken pieces with curry powder and crushed sage and shallow fry until golden on all sides. Cover with a lid and allow to cook rather slowly.
(3) When half cooked moisten with the orange juice, cover with a lid and continue to cook in the oven.
(4) When fully cooked season to taste. Remove the chicken pieces and neatly arrange in an earthenware dish. Pour the liquid over the chicken.
(5) Garnish with the avocado pear balls and chicken livers lightly fried in butter.