Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 10-15 minutes. Oven temperature: 200°C.
— Hot Mousse Mixture
— 1 liters hot white Chicken Stock
(1) Mould the mixture into 20 cigar shapes approximately 8 cm in length using two large spoons.
(2) Lightly butter a deep sided tray and place in the moulded pieces.
(3) Pour the hot stock around the mousselines, bring gently to the boil, cover with buttered greaseproof paper and poach in the oven for the prescribed time.
(4) Carefully remove the mousselines from the liquid and neatly arrange on a porcelain or earthenware dish.
(5) Serve on an underdish with a dish paper coated with a suitable sauce.
(1) Mousselines may be made from chicken, veal or fish.
(2) When cooked they should be rather firm to touch.
(3) When cooked they should be off white or ivory in color and have a delicate flavor. The texture should be fine, firm and smooth. They should have a characteristic cigar shape.