Makes: 2 liters. Cooking time: 1 hour.
— 75 grams butter
— 2 1/2 liters white chicken stock
— 450 grams white of leek
— 450 grams potatoes
— 1 bouquet garni
— seasoning of salt and pepper
(1) Melt the butter in a deep saucepan, add the paysanne of leek and sweat them.
(2) Add the stock, bring to the boil and skim.
(3) Add the bouquet garni, paysanne of potatoes and seasoning.
(4) Simmer gently for approximately 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
(5) Remove the bouquet garni and skim all traces of fat from the surface.
(6) Season to taste and check the ratio of ingredients to liquid.
The correct ratio of ingredients to liquid should be approximately two-thirds vegetables to one-third liquid.