Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 5 minutes. Oven temperature: 180°C.
— 10 x 100 grams Prepared Tomatoes (8.38)
— 100 grams melted butter
— 100 grams finely chopped onion
— 1 clove crushed and chopped garlic
— 500 grams white breadcrumbs
— 2 grams finely chopped parsley
— 50 grams melted butter
— salt and pepper
— sprigs of parsley
(1) Heat the oil in a shallow sided saucepan, add the chopped onion and garlic and allow to cook gently but do not color.
(2) Add the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley and season to taste.
(3) Fill the tomatoes with the filling slightly dome shape and mark trellis fashion with the edge of a palette knife.
(4) Place the tomatoes onto a previously buttered tray. Sprinkle the surface with melted butter.
(5) Place the tomatoes in the oven to gratinate the filling and cook the tomatoes.
(6) Serve in a vegetable dish garnished with sprigs of parsley.
(1) To test if cooked, gently press the tomato between the fingers, it will yield to the slightest pressure when cooked.
(2) Remember the filling is already cooked and so requires no further cooking but should be heated throughout.