Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 30 minutes. Oven temperature: 175°C.
— 10 x 100 grams prepared endives
— 2 juice of lemons
— 50 grams butter
— salt and pepper
(1) Butter and season a shallow sided saucepan.
(2) Place in the endives and sprinkle with lemon juice.
(3) Cover the endives with buttered greaseproof paper and then cover with a lid.
(4) Place into the oven and braise for the prescribed time until cooked.
(5) Remove from the liquid and place onto a chopping board. Cut in two lengthways and fold the top half underneath to form a triangular shape.
(6) Arrange in a vegetable dish and coat with the cooking liquid.
(1) Do not add water to the endives when braising them as it may make them bitter.
(2) When cooked the endives should be perfectly white in color.