Makes: 10 portions.
— 2 kg prepared middle cut of fillet of beef
— 2 dl melted unsalted butter
— 150 grams sliced button mushrooms
— 1 dl whisky
— 3 dl chicken stock (reduced by two-thirds)
— 4 dl cream
— 10 grams chopped chervil and parsley
(1) Cut the prepared fillet into 20 X 75 g slices.
(2) Heat the butter in a shallow sided pan. Season the pieces of meat, place into the pan and shallow fry without coloring, keeping them undercooked.
(3) Transfer the meat to a receptacle and keep warm.
(4) Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook for a few moments (do not overcook them).
(5) Drain off the surplus fat, add the whisky and flambé. Add the stock and cream. Boil and reduce to a light coating consistency.
(6) Add the herbs to the sauce and season to taste. Serve the pieces of meat on appropriately sized plates, masked with the sauce.