Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 5 minutes.
— 1 kg whitebait
— ½ liter milk
— 250 grams seasoned flour
— 3 lemons
— salt and cayenne pepper
— sprigs of parsley
(1) Pass the whitebait through the milk, drain well, then pass through the seasoned flour. Place into a frying basket and shake well to remove any surplus flour.
(2) Place into a frying basket then into the hot fat.
(3) Fry until crisp and lightly golden, shaking the basket and agitating with a spider from time to time to prevent the fish from sticking together.
(4) Drain the whitebait by placing them onto absorbent kitchen paper. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
(5) Dress on a flat dish on a dish paper or napkin. Garnish with lemon wedges and picked parsley.