Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 10-15 minutes.
— 1 kg prepared broad beans
— 20 grams salt
— 1½ liters boiling water
(1) Place the beans into the boiling salted water and simmer gently until cooked.
(2) Drain the vegetables in a colander.
(3) Serve slightly dome shape in a vegetable dish.
(4) Gently simmer the cooked and drained beans in 3 dl cream until the cream has slightly reduced. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
(1) The outer skins of the beans may be removed before serving. Therefore, once cooked, refresh under cold running water. Remove the outer shell by gently squeezing between the fingers. If this practice is followed it should be remembered that they become far more delicate to handle and prone to breaking and should be handled with care. Portion yield is reduced by approximately 40 percent.
(2) When serving beans in a cream sauce without their outer shells there is a greater likelihood of them breaking. The beans should be just lightly bound with cream.
(3) Instead of the cream 3 dl cream sauce substituted.