Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 40 minutes. Oven temperature: 200°C to seal then reduce to 150°C.
— 10 x 120 grams Suprêmes of Chickens
— 200 grams Duxelle of Mushrooms
— 1½ grams Puff Paste
— 2 eggs (eggwash)
— sprigs of parsley
(1) Stuff the suprême of chicken with the filling from the underside and season.
(2) Reform into an oval shape.
(3) Roll out the pastry 3 mm thick and cut into strips 15 mm wide and 30 cm in length.
(4) Wrap the suprêmes in the strips of paste, spiraling and just overlapping the paste from the pointed end to the bone.
(5) Eggwash then allow to rest for as long as possible (approximately 1 hour).
(6) Bake in the oven until cooked.
(7) Serve on a flat oval dish with a dish paper garnished with the sprigs of parsley.
(1) To test if cooked insert a trussing needle. When cooked the needle should penetrate without undue pressure and the juices released should be clear.
(2) 50g Pâté Maison may be added to the duxelle of mushroom.