Makes: 10 portions. Cooking time: 5 minutes.
— 1 kg frozen broccoli
— 35 grams salt
— 2½ liters boiling water
(1) Place the broccoli into the boiling salted water and simmer gently until cooked.
(2) Gently remove the spears from the water with a spider, placing them into a colander to drain.
(3) Place them into a vegetable dish with the points or spears pointing in the same direction.
(1) The flower ends of the broccoli are not coated with a sauce but are brushed with melted butter when served.
(2) In those dishes that require the broccoli to be placed under a salamander grill, e.g. Milanese and mornay, the flowers of the broccoli are protected from drying by brushing with melted butter and covering with kitchen foil. The foil must be removed before serving.